Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hannah's ideas on time and age

As we were driving home from getting the computer fixed Hannah asked me when she would get to start soccer. We had signed up a few weeks ago and she was very excited to get started. When I said that she would start in about one month she sighed. This is the same girl who has spent all of February participating with our ward in a Media Fast and has not watched a movie or TV since January. She has also spent February waiting for her birthday to come, which happens to be on the 28th of February the last day of the Media Fast. She has done a lot of waiting this month. The thought of waiting another month to play soccer must have seemed like too much when she said, "That is like forever! I'll be 40 before I get to play soccer."

As we drove on and were listing to "Dancing Queen" Hannah asked if I was 17. I told her that I wasn't 17 but 37. She replied, "That is old enough to be a grandma." Well, not really Hannah, but age is a hard thing to understand when you are young.

No comments: